Why Buy From an Art Centre?
Aboriginal art centres are governed by Aboriginal people – the artists themselves.
All income received through the sale of artwork is shared by the artists and the art centre.
In turn, the art centre perform a range of functions which support established, emerging and novice artists in culturally appropriate ways.
When you buy from a recognised art centre you are purchasing an authentic work of art in a fair and ethical way. Buying from an art centre guarantees:
- 100% returns back to the Aboriginal artists and the art centres/community centres;
- fostering of cultural maintenance and
- best practice in the making, marketing and
- distribution of Aboriginal Art;
- ensuring artists work in decent conditions and have their rights protected;
- compliance with the Indigenous Australian Art Commercial Code of Conduct; and
- the authenticity of the artworks.
Manager: Roni Jones
Gallery Assistants: Nicole Dickerson or Lily-mae Kerley
Phone: +61 (08) 9965 3440
Mobile: +61 0459229695
Post: PO Box 2803, Geraldton WA 6531
Yamaji Art Centre
189 Marine Terrace
Geraldton WA 6530